Friday, October 27, 2006

Anime Banzai 2006: We Came , We Saw, We Cosplayed

I suck, I've been sick and bed-ridden and Blogger has been down for maintenance for the past few days. So this is the first chance I've gotten since the con to post. Argh. Better late than never? Perhaps.

Anyways, a whole slew of us road-tripped to the anime convention in Salt Lake last weekend (20th and 21st), and I had a booth for our bishies in the artist alley! We didn't sell much merch , only 9 posters (why did I print off over 100 again?!), but we recouped all our costs and handed out a slew of business cards, so all in all I feel it was worth it. Plus talking to people is always fun. =) And I learned a lot about making manga, and more importantly relit the fires of passion for making manga, which were flickering a lil' bit what with all the work pressures I've had lately, and my freak-outs about Elicia leaving me next fall for 3 years for grad school. So much to do manga-wise, so little time! But I think I've calmed down again and we will get back on track.

I totally should have submitted fanart for the art gallery, I'm still kicking myself for not doing that. I did art for friends for presents last X-Mas, which I totally should have entered. I did Host Club Fanart in prep for this con but didn't have time to finish them. But I have plenty of time to get them display-worthy for the Boise Con, so look for them there if you are heading there in March.

Most of my next posts in my art blog will be recapping important things at the con and especially my notes on what the artists like Amy Reeder had to say and interesting facts and links. So if that interests you at all, head over there in the next week or two and enjoy.

I also will have a bishie up this week! I kept promising people at the con about my goal of adding an AB every Friday, a noble aim that I can totaly meet if I try hard enough. =) This week's AB is sketched and scanned, I just need to pen and color him in Illustrator. Exciting , ne? (Ne, he is complicatd this time around, blast his hair, but I think he will be cute indeed.)

Back to the post at hand: we all agreed that Banzai, while much much better than the first year around, is still just an appetite-wetter for bigger cons like Boise's or San Diego's Anime Expo. We are going to Boise for sure, and either Anime Expo or one out in the mid-west. And we will have a booth in the artist's alley with new, improved merch: posters like last time, smaller posters, buttons, maybe fanart, and pillows of the bishies! Elicia's planned the pillows out already, and I am soooooo excited for them! I think they will be a huge seller. And then I will have an AngstyBishy Light of my very own to squeeze. =) Elicia got the idea whan I made my AB Howl, and is looking forward to having a Howl of her own to smush to her heart's content. Mmmmmm, can't wait. Since our first planned con is the one in Boise in March, We will be busy over winter break sewing and ironing pillows, but will have much to show for it by the end. =)

Anyway, that's all for now. I feel bad we don't have much to update here; Elicia is a LJ snob, so she mostly posts over there, and I mostly post at my art blog, DeviantArt, and occasionally LJ. So if you want to hear from us those are your best bets for the time being, really. If people commented here I would post here more often, but this is mostly for really important updates in the world of Ello, which really are few and far in between. But for anyone who has stopped by and more importantly, has read this far into my post of unending rambling doom, you are SO awesome, kudos to you! =) But seriously, check out the other sites I mentioned, they are seriously 100% more interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home